Do you shoot digital or film?
- I shoot all digital, but absolutely love the dreamy look of film and try to emulate it as much as I can into my work.
What type of equipment do you use?
- I shoot with Canon camera bodies and several different professional Canon lenses.
Do you photograph larger, extended families?
- Yes! I love meeting big families, and especially photographing them while everyone is together. I do charge $15 extra per person above 8.
Do you travel?
- I currently serve all across the Carteret County area! Travel fees do apply if you are outside of that area (weddings only).
When should I book a session?
- Book as soon as you can! Once you have a date or venue secured,
contact me and we can start the booking process. I recommend
booking at least 4 to 6 months in advance, for portraits and weddings.
I've decided I want to book with you! What's next?
- Please contact me through email, phone, or social media so we can get the booking process started. I require a session deposit and signed contract to reserve your desired date. We can then talk and plan out all of the exciting details! If you are interested in booking for your wedding with me, I'd love to meet you for a cup of coffee and go over your wedding plans.
What is the best time of the day to take photos?
- I typically shoot around 1 hour before the sun sets. This is during "golden hour" and it gives us the most beautiful, soft, and glowy light to work with. It is my absolute favorite time of the day to take photos! Sunrise is also an option too with great light.
What should I wear?
- Light colors work best! I recommend wearing white, cream, tan, or neutral colors. I don't recommend wearing prints, dark, or neon colors as they don't photograph well at all. Simple is so much better when it comes to outfits! If you need any advice, I'd be happy to help you out! Click here to view my Style Guide.
Do I need to bring anything with me?
- You are more than welcome to bring anything that you'd like incorporated into the photos. I have a cream blanket for families and couples. I also have a ton of newborn props for my itty bitty clients!
Will I receive digital files?
- Yes! Once I finish editing your session (typically 2 weeks for portraits and 4 - 6 weeks for weddings), I will send you an online gallery of your images via email. You will then be able to download the high-resolution files directly from there. If you book a wedding with me you will receive a beautiful glass keepsake box, a USB of all of your images, and a select number of prints that you choose.
Am I allowed to post the images on my social media?
- Oh yes, I'd love for you to! I just ask that you please don't apply any filters, crop, or alter them in any way. If you do post on social media please give credit and tag @sarahkatephotographync.