Do you shoot digital or film?
- I shoot all digital, but absolutely love the dreamy look of film and try to emulate it as much as I can into my work.
What type of equipment do you use?
- I shoot with Canon camera bodies and several different professional Canon lenses.
When should I book a session?
- Book as soon as you can! Once you have a date or venue secured,
contact me and we can start the booking process. I recommend
booking at least 4 to 6 months in advance, especially for weddings.
I only select a limited number of weddings each year to photograph, so please keep that in mind.
I've decided I want to book with you! What's next?
- Please contact me through email, phone, or Facebook Messenger and we can get started. I require a session deposit and signed contract to reserve your desired date. We can then talk about the details! If you are interested in booking for your wedding, I'd love to meet you for a cup of coffee and go over your wedding plans.
What is the best time of the day to take photos?
- I typically shoot around 1 hour before the sun sets. This is during golden hour and it gives us the most beautiful, soft, and glowy light to work with. It is my absolute favorite time of the day to take photos!
What should I wear?
- Light colors work best! I recommend wearing white, cream, tan, or soft natural colors. I don't recommend wearing crazy prints, dark, or neon colors as they don't photograph well at all. Simple is so much better when it comes to outfits! If you need any advice, I'd be happy to help you out!
Do I need to bring anything with me?
- You are more than welcome to bring anything that you'd like incorporated into the photos. I have several large blankets for families and couples. I also have a ton of newborn props for my itty bitty clients!
Will I receive digital files?
- Yes! Once I finish editing your session (typically 1 week for portraits and 4 weeks for weddings), I will send you a beautiful online gallery of your images. You will then be able to download the high-resolution digital files directly from there. If you book a wedding with me you will receive a beautiful linen keepsake box, a USB, and prints of your favorite photos. I also offer canvases and additional prints for sale!
Am I allowed to post the images on my social media?
- Oh yes, I'd love for you to! Share away! I just ask that you please don't apply any filters and/or crop them in any way. If you do post on social media please give Sarah Kate Photography credit.