Do you shoot digital or film?
- I shoot all digital, but absolutely love the dreamy look of film and try to emulate it as much as I can into my work.
What type of equipment do you use?
- I shoot with Canon camera bodies and several different professional Canon lenses.
Do you travel?
- Yes! I absolutely love to travel, especially for sessions. Travel fees will apply if outside of the Carteret County area.
When should I book a session?
- Book as soon as you can! Once you have a date or venue secured,
contact me and we can start the booking process. I recommend
booking at least 4 to 6 months in advance, especially for weddings.
I only book a select number of weddings each year to photograph, so please keep that in mind.
I've decided I want to book with you! What's next?
- Please contact me through email, phone, or social media so we can get started. I require a session deposit and signed contract to reserve your desired date. We can then talk and plan out all of the exciting little details! If you are interested in booking for your wedding with me, I'd love to meet you for a cup of coffee and go over your wedding plans.
What is the best time of the day to take photos?
- I typically shoot around 1 hour before the sun sets. This is during "golden hour" and it gives us the most beautiful, soft, and glowy light to work with. It is my absolute favorite time of the day to take photos! Sunrise is also an option with great light!
What should I wear?
- Light colors work best! I recommend wearing white, cream, tan, or neutral colors. I don't recommend wearing prints, dark, or neon colors as they don't photograph well at all. Simple is so much better when it comes to outfits! If you need any advice, I'd be happy to help you out and send you my Styling Guide.
Do I need to bring anything with me?
- You are more than welcome to bring anything that you'd like incorporated into the photos. I have several large blankets for families and couples. I also have a ton of newborn props for my itty bitty clients!
Will I receive digital files?
- Yes! Once I finish editing your session (typically 1 - 2 weeks for portraits and 4 - 6 weeks for weddings), I will send you an online gallery of your images via email. You will then be able to download the high-resolution files directly from there. If you book a wedding with me you will receive a beautiful linen keepsake box, a USB of all of your images, and a select number of prints to choose from.
Am I allowed to post the images on my social media?
- Oh yes, I'd love for you to! Share away! I just ask that you please don't apply any filters, crop, or alter them in any way. If you do post on social media please give credit and tag @sarahkatephotographync.